What does it take to be an employee with Landscape Technology Group, INC.?
Landscape Technology Group is a locally owned corporate business, open in Gypsum since 1998. We are a design/build landscape company with a retail nursery and garden center. Our focus is on landscaping, nursery stock, and other garden-related materials. Our growth depends on repeat customers who rely on a combination of quality workmanship, products, and services they receive from our employees, as well as the satisfaction they get from their overall experience with us. In short, we wouldn’t be in business without our customers.
We consider our employees our most important asset, and this is what we expect from you:
Physical Work environment
You will work mainly outdoors in all types of weather conditions including sun, heat, cold, rain and snow. Attire appropriate for weather conditions is your responsibility. Your job is physical, and requires frequent bending, grabbing and lifting. You will be on your feet all day, standing and walking, and throughout you need to be both pleasant and energetic. NOTE: You will be expected to be able to lift at least a five-gallon shrub/tree and a 3 cu. ft. bag of soil and/or mulch (approx. 50 lb.) without assistance.
Social Work Environment
Teamwork is an essential aspect of the job – it is important that you are able to get along well with people in order to be a cohesive part of our team. All employees are expected to get along with each other – we do not condone personal complaints of fellow employees unless their actions make you feel uncomfortable or affect your ability to do your job.
We expect every employee to carry their weight and perform their responsibilities in an appropriate manner. In return, we are flexible and will support your growth both personally and professionally.
As an employee of the Landscape Technology Group, you are expected to offer polite, prompt, and courteous service with a smile. Our employees must have the ability to anticipate a customer’s needs before being asked. You will need to have the ability to be patient when confronted with a challenge, and to continually provide knowledge of all our plants and products. Our customer’s time is valuable to them and the help they receive from our staff should be nothing less than immediate and excellent.
Design, Sales, Project Manager
To design, sell, and manage construction and maintenance projects for Landscape Technology Group, Inc., to the satisfaction of the client and LTG management.
Summary of expected responsibilities will include, and not be limited to:
- Meet with prospective clients to establish their design, construction, maintenance, or retail needs.
- Meet with past/existing clients to establish their ongoing design, construction, maintenance, and retail needs.
- Create estimates for the clients according to provided landscape plans, specifications, written and verbal communications.
- Prepare design, construction, maintenance contract documents which outline the proposed scope of work, with associated cost estimates.
- Prepare landscape plans & documents according to client needs (design checklist).
- Ability to meet criteria for Government agencies (state, county, town), Design Review Boards, and Home Owner Associations.
- Ability to create comprehensive plans which could include: planting, grading, irrigation, lighting, site layout, sections & details.
- Manage LTG crews in the implementation of the accepted designs & estimates. (Duration of the project will be from contract signing to final client acceptance.)
- Ability to schedule and forecast labor, materials, equipment, & subcontractors.
- Ability to construct projects within accepted labor, material, equipment, & subcontractor budgets.
- Provide weekly updates on project status thru word, excel, QuickBooks reports
- Invoice projects on a bi-weekly basis
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as necessary by LTG management.
The employee will possess the required knowledge and experience to perform the above-mentioned responsibilities in an unsupervised role.
The following checklist will be used to help qualify the employee’s abilities.
- Proficient with computers
- Software knowledge:
- Project scheduling software (Microsoft Project)
- Photoshop & other photo rendering software
- Comfortable with learning new software
- Create plans – cadd & freehand
- Construction details & sections
- On-site – Design, Layout & Construction
- Ability to recognize site constraints
- Ability to use a site transit/level
- Hardscape – Design, Layout & Construction
- Boulder Placement
- Walls – sand set, mortar, keystone
- Patios – sand set, mortar, brick
- Horticultural knowledge
- Planting – Design, Layout & Construction
- Plant material knowledge
- Plant beds
- Plant material knowledge
- Irrigation Design – Design, Layout & Construction
- Head layout
- Pipe routing
- Valve location
- As-built creation
- Water Feature design – Design, Layout & Construction
- Design layout
- How to size pumps & lines
- What flow do you want to achieve
- As-built creation
- Nightscape – Design, Layout & Construction
- Understanding of design – where & why
- Uplighting, downlighting, spotlighting
- Transformer sizing and specifications
- Organization Skills
- Past scheduling procedures
- Ability to manage multiple crews
- Ability to manage multiple design projects
- How have you done it in the past
- What would you do differently in the future
- Familiarization with local DRB Regulations & Building Codes
- How have you done this in the past?
- People skills
- Ability to troubleshoot clients problems
- Ability to troubleshoot employee problems
- Sales skills
- What sales volume are you accustomed to
- What project types have you sold in the past
- Size of project
- What did your role in the sales and volume
- Design – what did you charge
- # of projects designed
- size of projects designed
- Billing of construction – total volume of work you designed actually installed
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with the client and other team members
- Ability to lead & train fellow employees (supervisors, technicians, laborers) in the installation and implementation of all construction and maintenance processes including, but not limited to
- Planting – Layout and installation of Trees, shrubs, & flowers including Evergreen trees from 1 gallon to 25’, deciduous trees 5” caliper.
- Irrigation – installation of clocks, valves, head, piping
- Water Features – layout and installation of rock, liners, pipe, pumps, bio falls
- Nightscape – installation of transformers, lights, wiring
- Equipment operation & repair
- Familiarization with other construction trades,
- Ability to coordinate subcontractors including electricians, plumbers, excavators, truckers, cranes, framers, etc.