What does it take to be an employee with Landscape Technology Group, INC.?
Landscape Technology Group is a locally owned corporate business, open in Gypsum since 1998. We are a design/build landscape company with a retail nursery and garden center. Our focus is on landscaping, nursery stock, and other garden-related materials. Our growth depends on repeat customers who rely on a combination of quality workmanship, products, and services they receive from our employees, as well as the satisfaction they get from their overall experience with us. In short, we wouldn’t be in business without our customers.
We consider our employees our most important asset, and this is what we expect from you:
Physical Work environment
You will work mainly outdoors in all types of weather conditions including sun, heat, cold, rain and snow. Attire appropriate for weather conditions is your responsibility. Your job is physical, and requires frequent bending, grabbing and lifting. You will be on your feet all day, standing and walking, and throughout you need to be both pleasant and energetic. NOTE: You will be expected to be able to lift at least a five-gallon shrub/tree and a 3 cu. ft. bag of soil and/or mulch (approx. 50 lb.) without assistance.
Social Work Environment
Teamwork is an essential aspect of the job – it is important that you are able to get along well with people in order to be a cohesive part of our team. All employees are expected to get along with each other – we do not condone personal complaints of fellow employees unless their actions make you feel uncomfortable or affect your ability to do your job.
We expect every employee to carry their weight and perform their responsibilities in an appropriate manner. In return, we are flexible and will support your growth both personally and professionally.
As an employee of the Landscape Technology Group, you are expected to offer polite, prompt, and courteous service with a smile. Our employees must have the ability to anticipate a customer’s needs before being asked. You will need to have the ability to be patient when confronted with a challenge, and to continually provide knowledge of all our plants and products. Our customer’s time is valuable to them and the help they receive from our staff should be nothing less than immediate and excellent.
Landscape Enhancement Specialist
Position Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Primary Operational Objectives: The Enhancement Specialist provides high-quality landscape services for enhancement proposals and designs. Enhancements typically include, but are not limited to, Tree and shrub planting, garden Installations, fence installs, small hardscape installations, other landscape and irrigation improvements
This position creates and presents estimates and designs. Oversees, labor and material cost to the budge, through successful management and development of crew talent. This position is a trainer to staff and clients of best practices for horticulture, landscape and irrigation installation.
- Develop strong relationships with clients through clear and frequent communication, mutual trust and ability to exceed client expectations.
- Manage enhancement schedule and the daily coordination of landscape enhancement design/installation.
- Create and present, accurate and timely estimates and designs for clients with an emphasis on time management skills. Follow up on the status of estimate and thank clients for the opportunity.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of job details and invoicing of completed enhancement projects and work in progress. Complete documentation of change orders. Accurate tracking and monitoring of job costing to help meet the profitability goals of the company. This requires the daily use of computer technology.
- Evaluate job costs weekly. Immediately report to management any jobs deviating from budgets of time, schedule, cost or any other factors, so appropriate adjustments can be made to maximize results.
- Work with minimal supervision to lead a team of 6-10 employees in an efficient, professional and productive manner. Includes time entry approval for direct reports.
- Train and promote the development of the Enhancement team on best practices of landscape installation/maintenance and company standards.
- Procure equipment and materials needed for efficient and effective daily operations. Ensure all contracted services are timely, and per LTG commitment to quality of excellence.
- Meets profitability goals through proper planning of weekly, and monthly, operations, including ordering of materials, supplies, inventory maintenance, and crew member labor.
- Partner with HR for the successful on-boarding, training and mentoring of new crew members to improve retention and employee engagement.
- Promote the growth and efficiency of department and business. Acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of industry trends to identify and act upon opportunities for additional market penetration.
- Maintain positive relationships with industry partners and vendors.
- Must have a professional appearance and image at all times when representing Landscape Technology Group, Inc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Horticulture, Landscape Maintenance or related field and/or a minimum of two years’ landscape construction/maintenance experience in lieu of degree.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and design software. Knowledge and ability to become proficient at LMN Time & Estimating, Act (a customer relationship database), QuickBooks and AutoCAD drafting principles.
- Self-motivated individual who sets their own personal and professional goals.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- CPR/First Aid Certified a plus.
- Must pass background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, criminal record and drug screening.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, highly desirable.
- Certifications in landscape and garden maintenance and irrigation, highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Database (ACT) and QuickBooks, highly desirable.
- Must be willing to do things outside of your job description. All team members help and support other departments when necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Ability to lift or move 50+ lbs. (2 persons lift over 50 lbs.)
- Frequent bending, twisting, reaching, crawling, stretching and standing, may at times be highly physical work.
- This job is an indoor/outdoor job that will require exposure to all weather conditions, dust, dirt, chemicals/solvents and odors.
- Personal Protection Equipment is provided and must be worn. Must wear company approved uniform.