What does it take to be an employee with Landscape Technology Group, INC.?
Landscape Technology Group is a locally owned corporate business, open in Gypsum since 1998. We are a design/build landscape company with a retail nursery and garden center. Our focus is on landscaping, nursery stock, and other garden-related materials. Our growth depends on repeat customers who rely on a combination of quality workmanship, products, and services they receive from our employees, as well as the satisfaction they get from their overall experience with us. In short, we wouldn’t be in business without our customers.
We consider our employees our most important asset, and this is what we expect from you:
Physical Work environment
You will work mainly outdoors in all types of weather conditions including sun, heat, cold, rain and snow. Attire appropriate for weather conditions is your responsibility. Your job is physical, and requires frequent bending, grabbing and lifting. You will be on your feet all day, standing and walking, and throughout you need to be both pleasant and energetic. NOTE: You will be expected to be able to lift at least a five-gallon shrub/tree and a 3 cu. ft. bag of soil and/or mulch (approx. 50 lb.) without assistance.
Social Work Environment
Teamwork is an essential aspect of the job – it is important that you are able to get along well with people in order to be a cohesive part of our team. All employees are expected to get along with each other – we do not condone personal complaints of fellow employees unless their actions make you feel uncomfortable or affect your ability to do your job.
We expect every employee to carry their weight and perform their responsibilities in an appropriate manner. In return, we are flexible and will support your growth both personally and professionally.
As an employee of the Landscape Technology Group, you are expected to offer polite, prompt, and courteous service with a smile. Our employees must have the ability to anticipate a customer’s needs before being asked. You will need to have the ability to be patient when confronted with a challenge and to continually provide knowledge of all our plants and products. Our customer’s time is valuable to them and the help they receive from our staff should be nothing less than immediate and excellent.
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to drive truck with trailer
- Prior Hardscape experience
- Manage 2-6 people crews plus subcontractors
- Ability to manage labor and material costs
- Technical Skills
- Proficient at Irrigation Layout and Assembly
- Knowledge of proper planting technique
- Plant layout helpful
- Understanding of Grading and Drainage
- Understanding of and ability to run Equipment
- Weed-eater and mower
- Prior water feature creation helpful
- Ability to maintain good relationships/communication
- Designers/Project manager – to achieve the expected results
- Crew members
- Ability to keep detailed records of day to day activities
- Time of each activity for each crewmember
- Materials used on the job
- Logistical skills
- Scheduling crew/work
- Sequencing steps of the job/identify areas for multi-tasking
- Scheduling/procuring equipment
- Staging materials
- Timing sub-contractors
- Quality control skills
- Clean job site
- Attention to detail
- Final presentation
- Basic computer skills
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to educate crew
- Ability to speak Spanish or communicate with a Spanish-speaking crew
- Ability to troubleshoot both technical and personnel issues
- Ability to meet goals on budget and on time.